02 Feb 7 SEO Tips to Increase Your Website’s Ranking
If you run a website or blog, you need visitors. With all the competing sites, however, how can visitors find yours? In order to be successful, you need to have some good marketing strategies for your online business. You need to get targeted traffic in order to make sales.
Many people consider search engine optimization (SEO) to be the best strategy for getting targeted traffic. All webmasters and bloggers are competing for a spot on the first page of Google. Obviously, your chances of ranking high depend on a number of things, including the niche, your site’s relevance, and how much work you’re willing to put into the SEO campaign.
Here are a few tips for optimizing your site or blog for the search engines:
- Choose a domain name that includes one of your site’s keywords. If you’re selling furniture, for instance, you need to include the word “furniture” in the domain name. Try making it as simple as possible, though, so that it will be easy for internet surfers to remember.
- Do some research to find out which keywords represent your website the most. There are tools you can use to find out which keywords your competitors are using. For some keywords, competition is fierce, so you need to get a list of lesser known ones as well.
- Use important keywords in your H1, H2, and H3 tags. Break your page up into sections, and include relevant keywords throughout the content. Don’t go overboard with them, though—keyword placement needs to appear naturally through the page.
- Interlink all the pages with important keywords as anchor texts. Not only will this help with SEO, it’ll also make your website more user-friendly to visitors. If visitors find your site easy to navigate through, they will be more willing to stay.
- Even though meta tags aren’t as important as they used to be, you should still use them. Visit your competitors’ websites and view the sources to see what keywords they are using for their meta tags. This will give you some idea of what to use for yours.
- Be descriptive with your image ALT tags. Use keywords for all the images and graphics featured throughout your website. If you can’t get your content to rank high in Google, at least try to get the images and graphics to rank high in image searches.
- As for the content itself, use a keyword as the very first word at the beginning of every article. It’s important to use the main keyword at the very beginning of each article and at the very end, with a few secondary keywords in between. Overall, keep the density less than 2% so that you won’t get banned from Google for keyword stuffing.
Follow these search engine optimization tips and hopefully you will increase your site’s ranking. Don’t expect to make it on the front page of Google overnight, though: it can take awhile to get a steady flow of organic traffic. Doing these tips will speed things up a bit, however, so you definitely need to do everything outlined in this guide.