1. Use by children. This website is designed for use by adults and businesses, not by children under the age of 13 years. Therefore, we don’t knowingly solicit or receive any information from children.
3. Communications from us. On occasion, we may use your personally identifiable information to send you communications with information created by either us or third parties affiliated or partnered with us that we think you will find useful. This includes but is not limited to surveys, upcoming events, special offers, and new products and services. To opt out of receiving these communications, simply indicate this as explained below under How to Contact Us .
4. Aggregate information. We may combine certain portions of your personally identifiable information with that of other individuals to create aggregate, anonymous data that we will use, for example, to improve our products and services and develop new ones. Aggregate data is general information about groups of individuals but not about you as an individual.
5. Protection of your personally identifiable information. We seek to protect your content and personally identifiable and billing information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration by applying carefully developed security procedures that are at least as strict as generally accepted industry best practices and standards, including the prompt installation of the latest security updates for our servers; the use of techniques like firewalls, and anti-virus and anti-worm software. On a regular basis we use both internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security measures.
6. Disclosure of nonpublic personal information. On occasion we may share your nonpublic personally identifiable information with affiliated and non-affiliated companies. This includes all personal information obtained on applications, forms and email correspondence. If you prefer we do not disclose nonpublic personal information to affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, you may elect to opt out of these disclosures by notification using the How to Contact Us section. Indication of opting out must clearly contain: A statement of desire to opt out, as well as your full name and address previously entered on the site for identification within the system.
7. Technical support and feedback. To provide you with technical support or respond to your feedback to us, we may ask you to provide your name and e-mail address so we can contact you regarding your technical support request or feedback.
8. Service alerts and critical notices. To limit any possible interruption of services you request, we may use your personally identifiable information to inform you of specific changes that may affect your ability to use our website or for other critical non-marketing purposes, such as bug alerts. We may also contact you to respond to your specific requests or to clarify the order information you provided to us, or to notify you of upcoming updates.
9. Newsletters. From time to time, we provide you the opportunity to subscribe to e-mail newsletters and other e-mail communications. You may unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in each e-mail newsletter.
10. Mandatory and optional information. We identify what information is required and what information is optional to fulfill any request for information from you. If you choose not to provide mandatory information, we may not be able to provide the service you are requesting.
11. Third-party websites. We may provide on our website links to third-party websites, such as those of our business associates and online advertisers. On these sites, we and/or the identified third party may collect information about you. We are not responsible for the actions of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
12. Legal disclosures. In some cases, we may disclose certain information (including, when applicable, your personally identifiable information) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
14. Website usage data. We keep track of usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. We use these data in the aggregate to better understand website usage, including what areas of our website users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas). This information is stored in log files and is only used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
15. Retargeting. As you browse powerplaymarketing.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with powerplaymarketing.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
This website is owned by JLK Interactive, Inc.
Last updated August 27, 2014